Wednesday, October 6, 2010

All 4 the Hall 2010

Last night I was able to attend a fundraising concert for the Country Music Hall of Fame. I went to this last year (which was it's first year) and had a great time but I didn't have any plans to go again this year. A friend called me up yesterday afternoon and said that her boss had just given her two tickets for the concert and wanted to know if I wanted to go along. Of course! A free ticket to a concert? I would have been silly...just silly...to turn that down.

Keith Urban was the host of the show and he didn't disappoint last night. He started it off with a 30 minute concert. It was so good! I could have listened to just him and would have been fine. (Side note-Nicole Kidman was there but I never saw her.) Anyway, after a quick set change he brought all kinds of artists to sing and they did awesome. They each sang two songs so Vince Gill (who I'm not a fan of really...but is slightly gaining my appreciation year after year) came out first. It's funny because all the other artists are dressed nice and looking all good but he always comes out in jeans and a Predators (NHL) jersey. Way to support your local team. Then after him was Martina McBride, Billy Currington, Miranda Lambert, Alan Jackson, Allison Krauss, Charlie Pride, John Mayer and Dolly Parton. It was so good. Watching Dolly sing "Jolene" was probably the highlight. What impressed me the most of the night was that Vince Gill and Keith Urban both stayed up on stage the entire time and played guitar for each singer and sang back up for each of them as well. It was pretty cool! I took pictures of each artist and even took a couple of videos but I was sitting on the club level at the back of the area so everything looked very small. But I still felt like I had great seats!

Oh! One unique thing about the night. We noticed that there was a interpreter for the deaf. I had never seen that at a concert before. I kept going back and forth from the stage to watching him sign all night. What was pretty funny was when Alan Jackson got up to sing. He sang "Chattahoochee" and watching that guy try to sign that song was hilarious. It was so fast and that poor guys had to be sore by the end of that song. What I want to know is how do you sign the line in that song..."hoochee cootchie"? I probably shouldn't have asked that out loud. Forgive me. :)

It was a late night but it was so much fun. The ticket price for the night each year is not bad considering what you get in the concert. The ticket prices are only $25. If you can and love country music this is a must see concert to go to each year.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I had so much fun! Maybe we'll be able to make this an annual event now. Oh, and maybe one of your readers knows sign language and can show you what "hootchee cootchee" is. HAHA!

Mary said...

Sounds like an awesome night! One of the things I miss most about Nashville is the music. The SunTrust on Music Row was one of Jason's braches and sometimes we got to go to stuff various musicians were doing. Memphis doesn't do much country music.