Thursday, August 5, 2010

H-O-T Spells HOT!

I bet you didn't know that, did you? That's what its been here the past few weeks. Its been unbearably hot. Yesterday it got up to 102 with 115 heat index. Today it got up to 97 with the heat index 103. A good ole thunderstorm just rolled through and pushed the temperature down to 75. I went outside for a few minutes to enjoy the cooler weather. Although it was still a tad humid it still much better than the 100 degrees weather we've been experiencing. I can't remember a summer being this hot. I'm sure there has been but my mind is refusing to remember. But you didn't come here to read about the sweltering heat which it seems the whole country is dealing with right now.

Is it just me or does school start a whole lot sooner than it used to? Schools in the area are starting this week and next week. When I was in school (boy, do I remember my mother saying that) we didn't start until the after Labor Day weekend. Then we didn't get out of school until the last weekend of May or the first weekend of June. It seems as if they are getting out later and starting earlier. These poor kids today don't know have much of a summer. I remember when summers would come around they seemed to last forever. Now it doesn't seem like they last long enough to do anything. But it could be just me.

My brother and his kids are heading up to Nashville tonight. He's playing in the Master's Men softball tournament Friday and Saturday so mom and I will be playing with the kids the whole weekend. Jenny can't make it because of work. I'm a little bummed about that. I miss her. My parents bought a small pool for the kids so I imagine we will spend most of the weekend there. I can't wait. I haven't seen them since the National and I'm missing them like crazy. I've gotten so used to seeing them every other weekend that when I miss a week, I miss them terribly. My sister in law and brother when to the doctor the other day and the new baby is looking really good. They sent me a picture of the ultrasound and the picture was so clear. You definitely could make out the head and everything. I can't wait to meet this new little one. I'm already guessing that its a girl. We won't know until she's born. They decided not to find out. However, they did get a due date. It's February 20th. This will be the 4th birthday in February. Anna, Chad, and Luke's birthdays are all in February. It will be a very busy and expensive month from now until the end of time. LOL!

Stay cool!!

No comments: