Thursday, August 26, 2010

Alabama

Don't tell any of my new Alabama friends but I'm missing Alabama. (I don't want them rubbing my Yankee nose in it.) My boyfriend and I have been together for a little over nine months now. We try every weekend to see each other. Most of the time it works but we have those rare occasions where we both have something going on and so we skip out on that weekend. Anyway, we take turns every weekend traveling back and forth. Sometimes it works out where I'll head to AL two weekends in a row and then he'll head to TN two weekends in a row. The last two weekends I've traveled to AL and this weekend I'll be staying home and he'll be traveling up to see me.
To be honest, I'm a little sad about that. I've learned to really like that place and I love the church he attends. He attends the same church as my brother and his family and it is an awesome church. The people are so nice and friendly and they have really welcomed me in with open arms. I'm becoming less of a visitor. I've met some really sweet and awesome people at his church and am becoming fast friends with them.
It's hard though going back and forth from my church to his church. I love the preaching at both churches. Of course, I love my dad's preaching and I do miss it when I'm not there. But I love the music at my brother's church. He does an amazing job and if I have to be completely honest, it's hard going back to my church's music because it's not on the same level. It's good music, it's just not at the same level. So it gets a little hard going back and forth but I'm so happy that the Lord, for now, has placed me in two excellent churches. They are two totally different churches but they are both great churches. Naturally, no two churches will be the same but they both fit my needs and I'm getting so much out of the services at each place. I feel like a blessed woman.
Now, I know the question burning in your mind (or not) is where will we live once we get married. We have no idea and we don't need to really make that decision just yet but I do secretly know where my heart is at the moment.

No comments: