Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A New Beginning

I always have a hard time coming up with a title to my posts most of the time. I want them to be catchy and not something so simple. I want to capture someones interest just by reading the title so that they will want to read my blog that day. For you fellow bloggers, do you title your post before you write it or after? I always tend to title it after I write so I'm not pinned down to a certain subject. I've been reading some friend's blogs and they always write about one subject but I always tend to talk about two or three things in one post. I wonder if that's not how it's supposed to be done. I never post pictures so I wonder if my blog is really boring. Oh well.

Anyway, this weekend was very fun but exhausting. My brother and his kids came up for the weekend so he could play in a softball tournament. My sister in law couldn't come because she couldn't get Friday off of work but my brother brought his kids so we could spend some time with them. I took Friday off from work so I could help mom with them and spend some good quality time with my niece and nephew. We had the best time with them. They are just the cutest, sweetest, and most funny kids I have ever met. We just played, ate, watched movies, and laughed all weekend. It was so hard to see them go but at least I'll get to see them next weekend and the weekend after that (thanks to having a boyfriend who lives in the same town as they do).

I've been thinking a lot lately about my health. I'm not sick or anything like. A couple of weekends ago I got to go on a little road trip with my boyfriend from AL to TN and we got to talking about our family's health history. We both have diabetes in our family history but I also have heart disease in my family. That got me to thinking how I really need to start taking care of myself and that I really need to get healthier. It's not that I eat very unhealthy but I don't really eat that healthy. I do but I don't if that makes sense. I've tried to lose weight before but I've either quit after a little while or gained everything I lost plus some. I really do want to look better but that's not really it. I really really want to feel better and keep from getting the diseases that have plagued my family. My dad has gotten a huge health kick and if you haven't seen him in awhile you might notice that he's lost quite a bit of weight. Someone asked him this weekend if he was sick. He's not sick at all but he went on Weight Watchers and he hit the gym. He would go to the gym in the morning and then at night he would walk on the treadmill for about 30-45 mins. He was very dedicated and has lost almost 30 pounds. He looks great! So his membership ran out and he decided to rejoin but only if I would join up with him. So I did. Our membership starts September 1 and I'm actually looking forward to it.

I've gotten great encouragement from my parents and boyfriend. I had a good conversation this morning through instant messaging with a friend, who is also getting back into exercising, that was very inspirational and now I'm very excited to start this. I'm also going to learn how to cook healthier. My only problem is that I only need to cook for one or two people and every recipe is for 4 or more. So does anyone know of any good healthy recipe websites I can go to or recipes that only serve 2 people? I don't want to spend extra money or have all this food laying around.

I do ask for your prayers. Weight has always been a battle of mine and food has always been a lover of my soul. I want to have and keep this motivation to stick to this lifestyle change and slim down and get healthier. Maybe by going on here and blogging about it every so often it will keep me accountable. We shall see.

1 comment:

Amy said...

As far as the blog thing, it's your blog, do it however you want. I don't think you need to feel like there's a right or wrong way to do it. I always enjoy your posts so just keep doing what you have been.

I can't think of any cooking websites but one idea I have is that you could make the dish according to the recipe, put it in 2 dishes, cook 1 and freeze the other. I do this alot since there's just 2 of us. I also freeze some things in ziplocs or disposable dishes. There's lots of ideas for freezer cooking on the web. It makes for easier cooking later on in the month. Hope this helps!!