Thursday, February 25, 2010

Where Has The Time Gone? Part 2

I'm making this a sequel to a post I wrote at the beginning of the month. That post was about niece turning four years old. Well this weekend her little brother, my nephew, will be turning 2. It's so hard to believe that he is already 2 years old. Of course, he never seemed like a baby to me. He always seemed like a little man. He's such a sweet boy. My friend Tammy calls him "hot" but that is so disturbing to me to call a 2 year old that so we'll just say he's oh so adorable. :) He is pretty cute. He has blond curly hair and blue eyes and gorgeous dimples when he smiles. He will be a heartbreaker when he's older, that's for sure.
I remember when he was born so clearly, just like I remember vividly when Anna Grace was born. His birth was so much less dramatic than Anna's and I was able to be there when he came home from the hospital. He was so tiny. But now he's huge! That boy is almost bigger than his sister. He will just eat and eat and then he wants to eat some more. LOL! He is all boy as well. He loves his cars and trucks and loves any type of ball you put in front of him. The poor kid is already a Cub fan but by force and now choice. :) It's cute. It's funny every time I see him he says,"Papaw, phone." I have a video on my phone of dad doing the claw to Luke. It's pretty funny and Luke knows it's on my phone and as soon as I walk in the door he grabs my phone and makes me turn it on and then he'll sit there and watch it 20 times in a row. The kid's got it the words on the video memorized as well so he says right along with it. It's pretty funny. He's so cute.
So in honor of my sweet sweet nephew, Luke, here are a couple of pictures.

This was taken the day after he was born.


This is my brother, Chad, with Luke at the beach this past summer on vacation.

It's kind of funny because Anna looks just like her daddy (and me so I've been told) but Luke looks nothing like him. Luke looks just like my sister in law but with blond hair. I'm going to try and take lots of pictures this weekend as I head down for his birthday. Last year I didn't get to celebrate his 1st birthday with everyone because one there were tornadoes everywhere from Nashville to Northport and I wouldn't have been scared out of my mind. Secondly, I didn't get to go down there because that was when my mother's illness started and it was pretty bad so my parent's nor myself went down there. I felt awful and I said that there was no way on earth I was missing it this year.

Again, he's such a sweet boy. We think that he will be just like his daddy in the music department. The boy can sing already. He's always on key and loves to carry the mic at church around with him. It's so cute. Chad said he will make sure he learns how to play the piano because he seems to be drawn to it and any other musical instrument he sees. So I think this boy is going to grow up to be like my brother. It could be worse. Ha!

Happy Birthday Luke! Jan Jan loves you!

No comments: