Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Perfect Weekend

There are just moments in time that I want to freeze forever and really this weekend was it. We celebrated my nephew Luke's 2nd birthday. I wont' go into too much detail but he is just one cute kid and is just the sweetest thing to ever live. But I'm not a biased aunt or anything like that. LOL! Anyway, this weekend my family got together this weekend to spoil the kid rotten. I also got so spend some good quality time with my boyfriend since we hadn't seen each other in two weeks.

Friday night I got there around 7pm and we decided I would meet everyone at Logan's for dinner. But it was an hour and half wait to get in so they (my family) decided to try O'Charley's then Mellow Mushroom and after driving all over Tuscaloosa and realizing it would be a long wait no matter where we ended up they decided to just go back to my brother's house and order pizza. That was the very much condensed version of that story but there was frustration and the throwing of a cell phone in the car because some people kept changing their minds and others (me) was getting frustrated and tired of driving all over town after driving for 4 hours and was getting a little cranky and was done talking so I threw the phone where I couldn't reach it.

But finally we all made it to my brother's house and we had some awesome pizza and my frustrations melted away. Then on Saturday it was just a gorgeous beautiful day. The weather was just so springlike that I am now officially getting Spring Fever. Alan (my wonderful boyfriend) came over around 10am and we all just sat around and talked and played with the kids. Then Alan and I got bored so we took off for a few hours before the party started. He drove me over to where he works to show me the shop. Alan is a machinist and I never understand what he is talking about when he talks about his work so he took me there so show me some things. Nothing is really that much clearer but I do realize that what he does is something I could never do and that he works in a very dirty place. That place is so full of grease and grime and dirt. But it's a shop so what should I expect, right? But it was cool to see all those machines and he tried so hard to explain to me what everything did. I was glad to see that part of him.

After that we went down to the Riverfront and walked for a little while. It was so special to me. We just walked for awhile holding hands and talking...about everything and anything. Then we went down a path to where there was a tiny little beach and pebble area on the water and he tried to show me how to skip rocks on the water but every time I tried it my rocks would just plop down to the bottom. He could skip them for three or four times. I was proud. :) Then it started to get very windy and a little chilly so we decided to head back to my brothers since it was almost time for the party anyway. We had the party and ate hot dogs and watched Luke open his presents which consisted of cars, cars, and more cars. It was funny.

After that my parents headed back to Nashville, Chad and Jenny went to dinner with Jenny's parents and Alan and I headed back to his place to watch a movie and play some Rock Band. This boy has been trying to get me to play Rock Band since we first met and I always made excuses why I didn't want to but he finally wore me down and I played and I loved it! It was so much fun. I'm not so good on the drums but I can rock it out on the guitar. Later we headed back to Chad's and played some Wii bowling and tennis with Chad. Jenny had to give the kids a bath and put them to bed so she opted not to play.

Then on Sunday afternoon we just stayed at my brothers and watched Karate Kid II & III. I love Ralph Macchio! He was so dreamy. But anyway, it was just a perfect weekend. It might not sound like much and maybe it sounded boring to you but I just love doing a bunch of little things where you don't have to spend a lot or any money at all. I guess I just love the small stuff. It was the perfect weekend.

What more can you ask for?

3 comments:

Mayme said...

Glad you had a nice weekend. I love those types of weekends too!

T2Nashville said...

I am a bad friend for not asking about this perfect weekend. I'm so glad you blogged about it! It's good to know you understand at least a LITTLE more about his job. Oh, and about Rock Band - I KNEW you would love it! We're the exact opposites - I can do the drums better than the guitar!

Janice said...

I also rocked it out on the microphone. I had 100% flawless! LOl! It doesnt take much evidently. But the drums were too confusing. I had a better time with the guitar. I'm sure we'll be playing this in the future. :)