Wednesday, February 24, 2010

There Was A Wasp In My House!!!!

My house. MY HOUSE!!! My brand new beautiful ladybug infested house and if you've been reading my blog for awhile you know my huge phobia of those wretched creatures...wasps not ladybugs. I just loathe them and see no reason why they are on this Earth. But I digress. I came home from work and was about to turn on a lamp when I saw the ugly black thing crawling on my floor. Ugh! I shutter just relieving this whole experience. But my first instinct was to just step on it but then I just froze because of this certain thought. I work at a place of business that requires us (the women) to wear dresses or skirts everyday and I had just walked in the door so needless to say I was wearing a dress and about mid step the thought crossed my mind of "What if this wasp sees that I'm about to step on him and he flies up my dress and stings me in places I don't want to be stung." So that's when I froze and started whimpering like a little baby.

I automatically run for my Windex cleaner (because it coats their wings and they can't fly which then lets you step on it with no fear of them flying up to sting in places you don't want to be stung). While the cleaner is in my hand I thoroughly forget I'm a 30+ year old woman and act like a five year old and call my mommy. That's right. I call her and whine and cry about how a wasp is in my house and I'm about to die. She just laughs at me and tells me to get the Windex which then I informed that it was in my hand and she said, "Then just spray it you big baby." But by the time I got back to wear the wasp had been....he was gone! I was so not enjoying this moment. I looked everywhere and found him crawling on my blanket. My blanket!! The one I cuddle with at night watching the Olympics for the past week and now this gross beast was walking his skinny little legs all over it. Ugh! I shutter again thinking about it. So I finally muster up enough courage to spray the thing. I mean I sprayed him. I had a full bottle of Windex and now I think I have half a bottle left. I was making sure the little mutant couldn't fly anywhere! My poor blanket was soaked in Windex. So this wasp slowly crawled off the blanket and onto the carpet where I finally was able to squish the heck out of him. Then I realized that there was no one there to scoop him up so I grabbed about a half a roll of paper towels and scooped him up and but him in the bottom of the trashcan and covered him up good with trash!

I texted my loving, protective and comforting boyfriend to tell him I almost died because a wasp was in my house and he texted back, "You big baby, it only hurts for a minute if they sting you." We had words later. He did make up for it by saying that if he was there he would have taken care of the problem.

It was very traumatic and so I had ice cream.

2 comments:

T2Nashville said...

This was so funny! Very descriptive. I could see you running around like crazy and squealing. Hilarious!

Janice said...

I know! I wish I wasn't such a child when it comes to wasps but I can't help it. It's like all good common sense that God gave me goes away when I see one.