Monday, February 15, 2010

Do You Think Jesus Had Perfect Pitch?

My family is a musical family. Well, my parents, brother, & sister in law are musical. Me? Not so much. I can carry a tune and I do sing in the praise team at church and have done specials in the past but let's face it....I'm no Chad Donoho. But the thing about my brother is that he has perfect pitch. It actually makes me sick that he got all the musical (and athletic) talent in the family. But I'm not bitter. lol! Actually, as much as I do wish I could sing like him and hear music the way he does I'm absolutely proud of my brother and all that he has accomplished with his singing.

But anyway, last night I attended a meeting with everyone who will be involved in our church Easter program. I didn't think I would be a part of it because since I travel to Alabama on a regular basis now I didn't think that I would have the time to put into the rehearsals that is needed and required. But when the director comes up to you and point blank asks if you can be in it to sing a song, it's pretty hard to say no, so I caved and said yes.

Anyway, during the meeting I was sitting by a friend who will be playing the role of Jesus (I'm Mary the sister of Martha). We had gotten to the part of the meeting where she was asking if anyone else wanted to sing. My friend said, "Jesus doesn't sing." Now, the way he said it just cracked me up but I then got into a conversation with him about how I felt that Jesus probably could sing and I imagine he had perfect pitch. Why would he not? He was God and He was perfect. But my friend argued that Jesus probably couldn't sing because He was also part human so therefore maybe Jesus couldn't sing. But Jesus was perfect so I bet (well, not bet, but strongly felt) that He had a better voice than David Phelps and could probably hit any note on the scale and could sing any part written. My friend and I had about a 10 minute discussion about this. So my question is do you think Jesus had perfect pitch? Do you think that Jesus could sing? I honestly want to know what you all think about this subject?

Happy Monday!

PS - Is anyone else as excited as I am about the Olympics? I can't get enough of it!

1 comment:

T2Nashville said...

I absolutely agree with you, Janice! Jesus does everything perfectly, and singing is part of that. In His day, it would have been more chanting, I guess, but He did it very well and in perfect pitch. Hey - we'll find out when we get to Heaven, won't we?