Friday, July 8, 2011

What Is My Purpose?

I've been feeling discouraged and blue lately. It has nothing to do with my new husband. We are so enjoying being married and I couldn't ask for a better husband. I am loving being married to my best friend. My problem is that I cannot find a job here in Tuscaloosa.

Moving from Nashville to Tuscaloosa has been a huge adjustment for me. I like Tuscaloosa. It's a beautiful town and they have everything you need. The only thing is it's not a booming place in the job market. I've applied for so many positions and nothing seems to be working out for me. Really in this town if you are not in the medical field or know someone you won't have much luck no matter if you have a college degree or years of office experience. That doesn't' seem to matter.

It's been a huge disappointment to me and I get so discouraged. I get on the computer everyday and submit my resume and application and nothing seems to help me get one foot closer to finding a job. My husband is so good through it all and he comforts me and tells me that the Lord has the perfect job for me and that we'll be fine. But when you seem to get rejected everyday it sort of does something to your confidence. It makes me feel as if I have no purpose and not good enough for anything. I know that it's just the devil getting to me with all my insecurities and I have to just trust the Lord has a plan for me.

I do have a few ideas of what I could do but I'm a little nervous and scared but what do I have to lose? I already don't have a job and my husband is pretty secure in his so why not be a little adventurous and start something completely different than office work. I enjoyed my previous job but making working in an office setting is not for me anymore. Maybe the world is supposed to be my office. I'll just keep praying and searching and trying new things until the Lord shows me what I'm supposed to do.

No comments: