Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Apartment Life

After I read my blog post over a few times yesterday I made it sound like apartment living is just to terribly awful. It really isn't. Our apartment is quite nice. It's very spacious. All the rooms are extra large and we have a pretty huge walk in closet. It's just something we are not used to. I own a home in Nashville. It's a two bedroom two and a half bath with a dining room and eat in kitchen. I actually had to leave some of my furniture there when I moved to AL. Alan lived in a three bedroom house before we got the apartment. We are used to stretching out so it's been an adjustment for both of us to squeeze into this apartment.

We also live on the second floor which can be just torture for this out of shape body of mine. :) I can't go grocery shopping by myself lest I have to make two trips to the car to carry all the groceries up the stairs. I always make sure Alan is with me so he can make the two trips. LOL! At my home in Nashville my parking space butted almost completely up to my kitchen door so that has been a huge adjustment.

The plus side of apartment living is that we have no outside yard work to do! Woo Hoo!! I'm very thankful for that. We also have an awesome pool that is hardly ever used. If we didn't have that I probably wouldn't see my brother and his family near as much. Just kidding.

Speaking of the pool...my nephew, Luke, is the most fearless person I know when it comes to the water. He always wear his life jacket but he just swims all around the pool (including the deep end) by himself. Don't worry there is always an adult nearby. :) But yesterday he just cracked us up. Our pool, on the deep end, has a fountain. It has a ledge on it and the kids like to climb up on it and jump off. Jenny had brought a float with her and Luke decided he wanted to play with it. He grabbed it, climbed up on the fountain wall, and yelled, "Hey everyone! Look at me!" Once everyone did, he just jumped off the wall and landed on the float. That may not seem like a big deal but he is three years old. He jumped in 8 feet of water and the fountain ledge is probably 3 feet higher than the water. It was quite hilarious. When he landed he looked at everyone the sweetest little grin. He was so happy. He's so fearless. He'll try anything when it comes to the water. Of course, he's putting a lot of faith and trust in his life jacket that automatically brings him to the surface quickly. We had a great time.

But anyway, we actually love our apartment. It's our first place together and it is quite nice. We know we won't live here always. As soon as I can sell my house, we plan on buying one of our own that we can grow into. But until then, we will live here and cherish the life we are building together and make many memories in our cute little apartment.

1 comment:

T2Nashville said...

Your apartment pool is 8 ft deep? WOW! Mine is only 5! Do you have a diving board? I really wish ours did. Gotta come see it for myself!