Sunday, July 3, 2011

I'm Back!

Has it really been since the beginning of April since I've blogged? What is wrong with me?! Oh wait! I was only in the last stages of wedding planning and the actual wedding (which was gorgeous if I can say so myself), not to mention that I've moved to another state and have been trying to get adjusted to my new life in Alabama. I've only been a tad busy and neglected this blog just a bit. My apologies, especially to my followers...all six of you. :)

I will say that I'm absolutely loving married life and I think I fall in love with my husband a little more each day. He has been so good to me and he even cooked me dinner today. He is sweet, kind and ever so patient with me. I will say again that the Lord knew what He was doing when He put us together. It has been quite an adjustment moving to AL. I miss Nashville very much. I miss the town, my old job, my friends, my church and especially my parents. It was a hard first couple of weeks. I still feel, at times, as if I'm visiting and that I'll be heading back home in a few days. I think once I find a job that will change and this small college town will start to feel more like home a little every day.

Which, by the way, is a huge item of prayer for me. I need a job. I'm currently without insurance and have wrapped myself in bubble wrap. :) It's so important that I find a job as soon as possible. I can't be put on my hubby's insurance because they don't pay for spouses. So I need a job for that and just for the pure fact that I'm getting bored sitting at home. There's only so much house cleaning and laundry you can do and since we are watching our pennies until I get a job I can't exactly go shopping. I really want to go shopping too because I really need to dress up bedroom. I'm satisfied with how the rest of our apartment looks but the bedroom is in seriously need of something. The bedding is perfect. I love it. It's read and gold and so beautiful and comfy but I have nothing on the walls and no decoration. Our furniture is a mixture of both was what we brought from our lives as a bachelor and bachelorette. So if anyone has any ideas on where and what I can get cheap and innovative ideas for a romantic and beautiful love den, please let me know. ;)

It's great to be back online and out of the craziness of wedding planning. I hope to get back to blogging regularly.

Happy 4th of July!!

1 comment:

T2Nashville said...

You should check out some thrift stores for decorations - you'd be surprised what you can find. And doesn't Kirkland's have a clearance section on their website?

P.S. I miss you bad! But I'm glad you're so happy!