Sunday, July 24, 2011

Catch Up

So after I posted I was back to blogging I was basically MIA for a couple of weeks. I guess I had nothing to say or really just didn't feel like blogging. I've been kind of down lately for the lack of job opportunities. I still don't have a job but I'm trusting that the Lord has the perfect one out there for me and I'm praying that I get one this week. That's my specific prayer.

This past week since I haven't been working I was able to attend the FWB National Convention that was held in Charlotte, NC. I didn't think I was going to be able to go this year because I thought I would be working. But it all worked out and at the last minute I decided to go. I'm so glad I did. I was able to see and spend time with my parents and I was able to see some old college friends that I hadn't been able to see in awhile. My husband wasn't able to go this year but we are hoping it works out where we both can attend. I'm dying to introduce him to everyone...plus, I missed him like crazy. The preaching at the conference was also excellent and I feel so refreshed and renew and have a stronger passion for the Lord and to do His will. I am a shy person by nature so it's very hard for me to just go up to people and start talking...even to people I know and have known for years. I'm so afraid that I'm going to say something stupid or just have nothing to say at all. I actually love to talk to people but it's something that is so hard for me and I have to really work at it.

The church I attend now has thing after the first congregational song called "Fellowship Time". It's where everyone walks around and says hello, gives hugs, handshakes, and just fellowships with each other for just a few minutes. I have yet to step out of the pew to join in. I have tried so many times and I just freeze. It's so hard for me to just go up to people and say even hello. I'm a dork, I know. :) I'm working on it and I need to work on it if I want to be bolder for the Lord.

This past Friday, my sister (in law) came over to my apartment and we spent the whole day laying on floats in the pool. It was a perfect day. We just relaxed and talked the whole day. Of course, I got burnt...even with sunscreen. The sun is just not my friend lately. Thankfully, the burn is going away little by little but it was worth it to spend that time with my sister (in law). I sure enjoy living near her and my brother and their kids. It's a special time.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I cannot believe we didn't get to see each other at the National!! Mitchell told me he saw you but I was so disappointed that I didn't. I wanted to give you a hug and tell you congratulations in person. We were only there Sunday night so we didn't get to see everyone we wanted to. You're just going to have to come back to NC for a visit! :)