Monday, July 26, 2010

Oklahoma City

Things have been pretty busy lately around here. Well, not so much now as the last few weeks. Today its been relatively calm...which I like because I hate to be too busy because it makes me sweat and I really dislike sweating. But that's a whole other therapy session. Just kidding. I don't go to therapy...yet. But I do hate sweating which is why I don't work out. But I need to start working out because I need to lose weight and because maybe some day I will have to wear a big white poofy dress and the Lord knows how I don't want to look like the great white whale on that day.

But anyway, the since the National Convention is now behind me things will be pretty slow and I'll be able to catch up on things I had to put on hold. I really enjoyed the convention this year. I was able to see and talk with some old friends I hadn't seen for awhile. Of course, facebook does help in keeping every connected better but it's still nice to connect face to face. I also learned that one or two more people read my blog. That made me excited since I didn't think anyone but a few read it. There was a small rumor going around that I was engaged. I had so many people come up and congratulate me on the engagement. I have no idea where that got started but to clarify...I'm not engaged. I even had a lady at my church yesterday ask me when the big day was going to be. I just laughed and said that I don't yet but as soon as I get engaged I'll be sure to figure that out. lol! But I'm happily dating the man that I will eventually marry but we are enjoying the dating experience for now. ;-)

Other than that the National was alot of fun and I enjoyed being in Oklahoma City. I had never been to OK so I was looking forward to it. Well, I had been to the OKC airport to visit a guy but that is a memory I'm trying to erase my memory. Anyway, we had a little free time during the week to go visit the OKC Bombing Memorial. It wasn't but just a few blocks from our hotel. I remember the day that happened. It was so sad to watch on the news but you don't really know how it was until you visit the memorial and the museam. It was very sad and you kind of leave there with a heaviness in your heart but it was a neat place to visit. I recommend everyone touring it at least one time if you are ever in the OKC area.

My parents and I decided this year for the National to drive to AL and ride a charter bus with my brother's youth group and the the youth group of another church nearby. It was quite an experience. They gave us a bus at first that stunk like rotten eggs but it was enough to seat all of us. (We only had 4o some ride down there but we were bringing back a few extra.) But because the smell was so bad they brought us a different bus. The only problem was that it was a smaller bus so we didn't have room for all the ones we were bringing back that we would have on the first bus. So we decided not to worry about it that day and figure out something later. It was a long 12 hour bus ride to OKC from AL. The air decided not to work on the way down there and it was rather warm. The bus company took the bus and put it in the shop to figure out what was wrong with the air. They decided that instead of getting a new 52 passenger bus that they would just rent a car for us to drive back behind the bus. So my sister (in law), nephew, mom, and my self drove the car. I'm so thankful we did because the air on the never got fixed and the driver decided he was in the Indy 500 and was weaving in and out of traffic. Everyone who rode the bus had gotten so sick because of the heat and the motion. I felt bad for them but so glad I was in the car even though I drove most of the way home.

But overall, the National was great a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to the convention next year in Charlotte. I like North Carolina. I always thought it was a pretty state. When my parents were missionaries we traveled there quite a bit for itinerate services. I've always enjoyed going.

I promise tomorrow my post will be shorter and maybe a little more interesting. It's a cat story and they are not my favorite animal and I'm having a war with a cat next door. Stay tuned.

No comments: