Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My Tormenter

At the end of yesterday's post (if you read that far down) I mentioned I've been having a cat problem. I live in a townhouse and my home is in the middle of five units. My neighbor owns a cat. It's not an ugly cat. Its looks quite adorable but I am not a fan of cats at all. I don't wish them harm most of the time but I'm okay with never having to deal with them. For some reason now my neighbor has decided to make his cat, which was always inside, an outside cat. He sets two bowls out for its food and water which ends up in my section of the yard.

My problem with this cat is that it's all over the place. It lays under every car in the parking lot and is always lounging on everyone else's porches but it's owners. Every time I pull up, the cat makes a beeline to my car and then tries to jump in. I have to shoo it away every time. It then follows me to my door and tries to run into my house. One day I about got its head stuck in the door which would have solved all my problems but I would have had a mess to clean up. :)

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I was talking to Alan at about 10 pm when I heard this pounding noise coming from my living room window. I was sure that someone was trying to break in so I went to go look out my front door peephole when I saw this little animal scurry into my front bushes. I didn't do anything since it ran away but a few minutes later I heard it again. So this time since I knew it was an animal I looked out my blinds and looking straight at me through the window (at my eye level) was that blasted cat! He was hanging from my window screen! I was livid! I pounded on the window and he finally fell down and ran away. I went out and checked the screen and he tore a few places where he was hanging. I haven't seen his owner yet to ask if he realizes his cat is tormenting me and hanging from my windows. Alan suggested I put a few drops of antifreeze in its water (which was a joke) but I'm not that cruel. As much as this cat is annoying me I could never harm him.

I haven't seen him since that night. He must have realized he really ticked me off and is staying away OR he's planning his next attack. We shall see. :)

No comments: