Monday, May 17, 2010

Weekend Recap

One of the hardest and most intimidating thing for me about writing a new blog is trying to decide how to start it. Just staring a blank screen is a very intimidating thing when you are just not sure what to write. But luckily, I do know what to write but was having a hard time starting.

Anyway, I had an amazing weekend. I went to AL and couldn't have had a better time. Friday night Alan and I had a regular date which, believe it or not, is hard for us to do. I can't explain it but when we actually go out a date date, I'm excited. So we spent the evening eating and watching movies. Splendid! Saturday we decided to spend the day on the lake. So about noon he picked me up and we spent the rest of the day at the lake. It was so much fun. I hadn't done that since I was a very little girl. Our family was never ones to go boating or fishing much or spend much time in the water. I wish we had now because it is so much fun. Now, one thing I had never done before was tubing. So Alan stuck me on one and he went very very v-e-r-y slow so I can "learn" how to tube. I don't think there's much learning to be done. You just lay on it and hang on for dear life. It felt like we were going at least 100 mph but I think we were only doing 20, which I learned that that is a very slow speed...like turtle slow. It didn't feel like it for me. So now that I've had my lesson I don't think he'll have mercy on me next time. These people in Alabama are serious about their tubing. It is their main goal so sling people off. I'm not looking forward to that. It was fun though and I can't wait to try it out again. Maybe.

Saturday night my sister (in law) spent some much needed girl time together. We went out for Mexican and then we went to see Letters to Juliet. It was a great movie!! I highly recommend it. It's funny and of course has a respectable amount of romance. It was filmed in Italy and the scenery is gorgeous. It made me want to go to Italy very badly. But anyway, it was nice to sit and talk girl talk and catch up on stuff that we hadn't had the chance to in a long time. I love my sister in law and am so thankful that she was the one chosen for my brother. I couldn't have asked for a better one.

Tonight I'm going out to dinner with a friend and we are going to eat at a restaurant that is participating in the flood relief efforts. Tonight many restaurants are participating in this "Eat Out For Nashville". Area restaurants are giving 50% or 100% of what they make tonight between the hours of 6pm and 10pm. I know it's not much in helping with the relief efforts after the major flood a couple of weeks ago but at least it's something. I'm telling you I'm so proud of the way this city has just pulled together and didn't whine and gripe and begging the government for help. They knew what needed to be done and just did it. Last week, Vince Gill hosted a telethon on a local channel and it raised $1.7 million for an organization right here in middle TN. Last night Brad and Kim Paisley hosted another telethon benefit concert on GAC. Tons of country music artists came out to the Ryman and performed and answered phones. They also raised $1.7 million. I know that Tim McGraw and Faith Hill will be hosting another benefit concert in June. It's just amazing how everyone is pulling together and just raising the money needed and its even more amazing that the money is going to stay right here in middle TN.

Happy Monday!

No comments: