Monday, May 10, 2010

Shopping, Food, Bunco...Oh MY!

***Disclaimer*** If you are a male reading this (which I doubt there are any), you may want to just come back another day. This is all about shopping, curtains and food. :)

Since today is Monday I've challenged myself to blog every day this week. So we will see how it goes. :) This weekend was a pretty good one. Our family gave mom her Mother's Day gifts early because we all got her gift cards or money. We have a family vacation planned for the end of this month and she wanted to get some new clothes. Since I decided to stay home this weekend we decided it was a weekend of shopping. Saturday Mom and I made a run to Cool Springs to shop, shop, shop. It was a pretty fun day although we both got depressed shopping, but doesn't all women? NO? It's just us? Anyway, she found some cute clothes perfect for the trip.

We then made our way to Bed, Bath, & Beyond so I could finally buy my living room curtains. I have been dreaming of this day for so long and it finally happened. I was stoked. It took me forever to pick the perfect ones. Why does there have to be so many choices? But boy, does it get expensive. You have to buy the curtains (which only come one panel per package), the valances, the rods, etc. It all adds up. But it was so worth it. My parents came over Sunday afternoon and we hung them up and they look so good. I can't believe how different a place can look just by adding curtains. It changed the look of my house and it feels so much cozier and homey. I'm very pleased.

Saturday while shopping I was telling mom how I made some homemade pizza the other night. I usually make a BBQ Chicken Pizza but decided to make something different. Mom decided she wanted me to make a pizza that night so we made a quick trip to the store and got the ingredients. I usually buy the pizza dough in a can (who has time to make their own dough...not me). I usually get the classic kind of crust, you know the hand tossed or deep dish. But mom wanted to try the thin crust. It was so good. I'll never buy another type of crust. It was the perfect amount of dough. The pizza turned out great. It was just you're regular pepperoni, mushroom, bacon bits and black olives. It was very tasty. That's what I love about homemade pizzas. You can put whatever you want on it and it usually costs less than one you get from a chain store.

It was a nice weekend and it was fun spending some time with my mom. On our way to the mall Saturday we passed some damage left over from the flood and we both commented how we felt guilty not spending that day helping someone or anyone with the flood clean up. We know of some FWBs that have lost their homes or received severe damage. My heart goes out to all them and I pray for them daily. Luckily our church is just about cleaned up. They have all the carpeting and glue up from the floor and they are planning on picking the new flooring tonight. We are hoping it will all be done before next Sunday. We realize how very lucky our church really was. Just a half mile up the road there is a church with a huge whole in it from the floods and another one has lost everything and has been completely gutted. We have offered up our building on Sunday afternoons for one of the churches and I believe they will be taking us up on the offer once our floors are put in.

I've got Bunco tonight. I love my Bunco group and have lots of fun. If you ever are looking for a once a month girls night I do highly suggest you start a Bunco group or some type of game night. It's nice to step away for a couple of hours. A friend of mine and I are planning on starting another type of girls night with some college friends. We probably wont' do Bunco since Bunco is pretty committed type of game. But we do want to start some type of get together each month so if you are interested in this please drop me a line.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

T2Nashville said...

Dropping a line! Interested! I don't like Bunco, but I'm always up for Girls Night Out!