Friday, May 14, 2010

Country Music Hall of Fame

Last night I accompanied a friend to the Country Music Hall of Fame. She is a member there and was invited to go to an opening of a new exhibit in their museum. It was kind of swanky but yet very laid back. We walked in and they had the lobby area filled with tables and candles and rose petals. It actually looked like a wedding reception. It was gorgeous. They had two tables filled with appetizer type foods and it all was delicious. We ate ourselves silly. The dessert alone was worth going and the roast beef on a skewer. Yum! I'm so hungry now thinking about it.

Anyway, once we got there we found out that there was no formal presentation or program. It was more of eat, walk around the museum as long as you want and eat some more. So that's what we did. LOL! We had our dinner and then we walked the two top floors of the museum. It was pretty cool. I had never been to the Hall of Fame and I didn't know quite what to expect. They had clothing, CMA awards, Grammys, guitars and Elvis' car. That's right. His gold car and his golden piano are both there on display.

The new exhibit had pieces from Keith Urban, Carrie Underwood, Taylor Swift, Jason Aldean, and Zac Brown Band. I really enjoyed, though, seeing the clothing and guitars from the earlier days. It made me very nostalgic. We started on the third floor and worked our way down. That is really the way to see it because the earlier stuff is on the third floor and then it goes chronologically down that way. They have a whole exhibit was Brenda Lee and an entire half floor dedicated to Hank Williams and Hank Williams, Jr. They also had a piece of the Hee Haw set there. It was very interesting.

The Country Music Hall of Fame was damaged by the recent floods in Nashville. Their basement was flooded and the Ford Theater had water in it from the stage up to the third row of seats. The rotundra was closed also. The rotundra is where they have the plagues of the artists who have been inducted in the Hall of Fame so I was a little bummed that we couldn't see but thankful that none of that was destroyed. It was great to hear that none of their artifacts from the different eras of artists were not damaged since all of those are on the second and third floors. After we toured the museum we found the dessert table (I didn't eat any before the tour) and sat and ate and talked. We stayed for a little while longer then headed home. I won't talk about how Tammy almost killed us on Music Row. That's for another day when I blog about bad drivers. LOL! Just kidding, Tammy....not really. I am going to blog about it someday. :)

I'm working a half day today because I'm headed down to T-Town. I wasn't going to leave until around 3pm but Nashville and northern AL are supposed to get storms and I'm not fond of driving in them so I'm leaving a little earlier to avoid the storms. I'm excited and can't wait to see Alan or my brother and his family. It's been two weeks since I've seen Alan and three weeks since I've seen my family. Normally that wouldn't bother me so much but since I'm constantly down there I miss them when I go a few weeks without seeing them. My niece and nephew are growing so fast and they are as cute as can be and quite hilarious. I'm so thankful that I get to see them more so I don't feel as if I'm missing to much of their growing up years.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

T2Nashville said...

And you didn't even mention that I almost took you home with me to Spring Hill. HA! This was a great night!

Janice said...

Oh yeah! I completely forgot about that. That was pretty funny. Good times!