Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Catching Up

Is it really almost September? I can't believe how fast this summer has flown by. Yesterday's weather was absolutely stunning. It was beautiful and the temperature wasn't scorching. The morning time actually felt like it was Fall. I loved it. It has been a crazy few weeks for me lately. My family and I went on vacation the day after we put our dog down. It was an unbelievable week. We went to Orange Beach at Gulf Shores, AL. Now I'm not really a beach person but I did have a good time.

Tropical Storm Claudette barely missed us head on but we did get a lot of her cloud cover and she produced some mighty big waves for us. It made it fun to body surf. I tried but the waves were not my friends and I got tired of tasting salt water so I just reverted to working on my tan. It was so much fun watching my niece and nephew though. You could not keep my nephew out of the water. He was so fearless. I have a few pictures up on my facebook page. We decided to take family pictures on the beach but I don't have those up yet. It was just a fun relaxing time. It was nice to just get up whenever you wanted. It was great to not have to worry about the phone or time it was. I eventually just turned my phone off. I had told my work before I left not to call me while I was gone because I wouldn't be answering my phone and I didn't. I turned it on silent and didn't answer anyone's call or text. It was great! But now I've been a little swamped trying to get caught back up at work. It was worth it though.

Last night was such a fun night. Our Ladies Prayer Group decided to have a girls night out and we went to The Factory in Franklin and painted pottery at Third Coast Clay. It was so much fun and the place was playing Louis Armstrong music all night. We all had a great time. These are amazing women and I really enjoy spending time with them all. I put pictures up on my Facebook page if you are interested in seeing them. I love The Factory. It was just a cool place to hang out. I definitely am going to go and spend a day there. There were so many neat little shops and eating places.

Not much else is going on except this weekend I'm going to the Keith Urban/Sugarland concert. I'm excited about that. I get to hang out with a friend from college that I hardly ever see. We always laugh so hard when we are together so I know I'm going to have a great time.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: