Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Pioneer Woman and Other Stuff

I love to read blogs. I think I have about 10-15 blogs that I try to keep up with on a pretty regular basis. Some of them are of high school and college friends that I like to keep up with. Some are of people I have no clue who they are but they have a themed blog that I'm interested in such as cooking and baking or writing. I thought I was maxed out on my blog reading until a couple of weeks ago a friend suggested I read a blog by this woman named Ree Drummond. I'm sure some of you have heard of her but she dubs herself The Pioneer Woman. She's a woman who was a bona fide city girl who married a cattle rancher and now spends her days on a cattle ranch. My friend heard about her when she appeared on television promoting her new cookbook. So I wandered onto her website and let me tell you I have spent countless hours on there reading it.

She keeps up with several different blogs on her website such as her normal day to day blog, a blog on cooking, a blog on photography, a blog on homeschooling and a blog on Home & Garden. They are all pretty fascinating. She can tell a story like I've never heard. She's a fantastic writer who is completely hilarious. She has a section on there that tells of the love story between her and her husband whom she calls Marlboro Man. It's a pretty good story. I wish I could tell a story like she does. Read it. You'll see what I mean.

I encourage you if you have about 1,000 hours to spare, head over to her website and check it out. I think you'll enjoy it.

I am now officially living in my new house! I'm so excited. I closed almost a month ago but haven't really had a chance to fully move all the way in because November was a crazy month for me and my family. We just had so much going on that I could only move a few items at a time. But, praise the Lord, I'm finally finished moving in and my downstairs is completely put together. My spare room is my catch all room right now. Every box and container that I'm not sure what to do with is sitting in there. My bedroom and master bath is all put together until I can afford to purchase more furniture and pictures. So it's pretty much done for now. I'm so excited and it just feels like home. Usually I have a hard time adjusting to a new place and it takes me forever to falls asleep each night but last night I had no trouble falling asleep and I didn't wake up once until my alarm clock went off this morning. I have sheer curtains that I hang in my bedroom but I think I'll need to get some thicker curtains because all the parking lot lights outside my window. They are so bright and I like to sleep in an almost pitch black room so I think new curtains are in order.

Thanksgiving turned out pretty well. I wasn't exactly that excited about going to Illinois but I'm so glad we did. We got to stay with my dad's brother and his wife and we had the best time. My cousin and her family came over and we ate, played games and laughed so hard the entire time. We, of course, took time out on Thursday to head over to my grandmother's for dinner but we left as soon as we could to go back to my uncle's to play games. It was so much fun. The highlight of the trip though was while at my grandma's house, a tree limb broke of and fell straight through my parent's car windshield. It just shattered the windshield to pieces. Luckily, the glass repair people came over the next morning and replaced the windshield in no time and then we were off our merry way back to Tennessee. Good times!

No comments: