Thursday, February 19, 2009

While I'm Waiting

I know I've named a blog in the past this title already but it's just seems to really fit for me today. They finally added this song to the playlist website so I'm extremely excited to add it to my blog today. It seems like all my life I've been waiting. Then recently it felt like that waiting might be over but now it looks as though God wants me to wait a little more. At first I was hurt, confused and angry. I'm okay now the longer I spend time with the Lord. I've felt a huge gamut of emotions this week and I hate the way my heart feels today but I'm taking such comfort in the words of this song. I was reading my friend Amy's blog, A Quiet Heart, this morning and she had this scripture from Psalm 23 on there for today. It was a soothing balm to my soul. I don't think she realizes just how much I needed that today. I hope she doesn't mind that I'm sharing it here as well. I don't really know what version she is using here but I really like how it's worded.

The Lord is my peace. I shall not live in anxiety.
He puts me under his wing of comfort and calms my spirit within me.
He takes all my anxieties on Himself and helps me to focus on Him.

Yes, though I walk through a timeof grave uncertainties and fierce anxieties,
I will not fret - for You are my peace.
Your Word and Your presence calm me now.
You hold my uncertainties in the palm of your hand.
You soothe my wrinkled brow.
Surely serenity and trust in You shall fill me all the days of my life.
And I shall keep my mind stayed on you forever.
Thank you Lord for always being there even in my times of anxiety, uncertainties and broken heartedness. I know that You are all that I need. I can't live without You.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Janice,
I'm so glad that this helped you today. It has been helping me so much lately, too. I don't know what version it is, but I think it is something I need to memorize. I'm praying for you. Waiting is so hard...you know I can relate. The Lord is waiting with us and I can't wait until He can reveal the answers in His timing.
Love,
Amy

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful, Janice. And just what I needed, too....so thanks! I'm praying for you and love ya lots!