Thursday, July 2, 2009

Historical Moment

Today is an historical moment. It is my 100th blog post. I was told that when you hit your 100th blog post that you are supposed to list 100 things about yourself. I'm not going to bore you with 100 meaningless things about myself. Although you might find some things interesting. Maybe another day. But I never thought I would actually make it to 100 posts. I thought that I would lose interest in this and not last a week blogging but here I am still pressing on. Of course some posts were not interesting and some where more than you bargained for. :) But I'm having fun blogging and as long as you are reading it, I'll keep blogging.

Saturday is July 4th so we have tomorrow off at work. I'm so excited about that. What I'm most excited about is having two days in a row to sleep in. I love my sleep and I have been going to bed so late these past few days....darn Ice Road Truckers! I love that show. Have you seen it? It airs on the History channel and it's about truckers who make runs from Fairbanks, AK to Prudhoe Bay, AK. Evidently its a very dangerous job and there is no way I could do it. It's really cool though and I'm addicted.

Since it is July and my birthday is at the end of the month, I'm declaring the entire month a celebration of my birthday. LOL! I'll be 32 this year and I'm not sad or depressed at all at the thought of being another year older. Of course, I thought my life would be completely different than it is now (i.e. husband, kids) but I'm completely content with where I am right now. I'm about to purchase a home in the next couple of months, I have a great family, wonderful niece and nephew and some really great close friends that I love with my whole heart. My Lord and Savior has taken care of me and blessed me beyond measure so what do I have to be sad or depressed over? Are there things I wished I hadn't done in the last year? Sure. I've had my share of heartbreak this year over several circumstances but my God never left me. He's kept me in the palm of His hand guiding me and directing me. He's given me a peace this year after these heartbreaks like I've never known.

I'm excited and can't wait to see what my 32nd birthday will hold...hopefully a male American Bulldog who I will name Gibbs. :)

No comments: