Thursday, May 3, 2012

Catching Up

Has it really been nine months since my last post? I'm not surprised. I was tired of it and it was becoming a chore to come up with something to blog everyday. So I took a break from it. I actually intended to never blog again but lately I've been having the itch to write again. Things also have been going on in my life and after an encouragement session from my sister in law I've decided to try to blog again.
So what has been going on with us? Well, I'm out of work again. Last time I blogged I was working at a preschool/daycare and I liked it okay but I was coming home with a migraine everyday. Plus, it was only a part-time job with minimum wage so I started looking for a permanent situation. Finally, the day after Christmas I get a call from a doctor's office for a receptionist position. I was hired, I thought, to be a receptionist but after working there a few days I quickly learned that was not the case. So after much prayer and discussing it over with my husband, I quit the doctor's office without any other job lined up. It probably wasn't the smartest move but I couldn't be in that place any longer. It was a very bad situation.
Now three months later, I'm still jobless. It's very discouraging and frustrating not being able to help out financially and I feel as if I'm letting my husband down. It's just discouraging to keep getting rejected for a job constantly because there was someone better qualified. It hasn't been so good on the ole self-esteem either. I'm working on that though and I'm looking at doing some work at home jobs. Our job situations are so bad here that we are praying about moving to another city with a bigger job market and maybe better opportunities for the both of us. My husband has a dream job in mind and its so doable but he won't be able to do it where we are now and I would love nothing better than to see him be able to do what he loves. We renewed our apartment lease for another year so we will definitely  stay where we are for another year. That just gives us more time to pray and talk about where the Lord wants us and how He can best use us.  It's scary to think of the unknown but it's also exciting and fun to see where we might be a year from now. I can't think of a better person than my husband to go through this with.
I plan on this not being such a Debbie Downer all the time. I don't want this to constantly be something where all I do is complain and gripe about everything. This blog won't be one where there will be tons of pictures either...I know that's all the rage for blogs now. I just don't take many photos. This is going to be a place where I tell you about me and my husband, our life, and how we are trying to live for Jesus the best we can. Hope you come and join us as we get lost in these moments. LOL! I couldn't resist.

No comments: